The new year will see a lot of activity for the cannabis community. The recent election saw additional states legalize new opportunities for the industry and its customers. The demand for CBD products has spawned new growers, manufacturers, vendors, and products. The multiplication of recreational dispensaries has boosted market interest in THC products. Overall, the cannabis industry is likely to surpass some of the financial predictions of some years ago.
One sign of the growth lies in the many new products hitting the market through medical and recreational cannabis dispensaries. Leaving aside the latest cannabis strains attracting new customers and veterans, dispensaries will promote innovative products and tweaks on existing lines. This list covers ten cannabis products on the rise in 2021.
10 cannabis products to look for in 2021:
1. Magic CBD Bath Bombs: Olivia Alexander launched Kush Queen® just a few years ago to see it become an exciting company committed to research, innovation, and production of multiple CBD-only and THC-infused items. She has integrated her years of experience in cannabis channels with a woman’s perspective to market award-winning bath bombs, edibles, pain relief lotions, skincare, and wellness supplements. The Black Magic Bath Bomb is a dramatic black ball that blends chamomile, frankincense, and lavender. The CBD content will reach the endocannabinoid system through the skin as you soak in the essential oils released by the bath bomb. Other bombs include those with notes of Earl Grey tea, coffee, citrus, and more, including one guaranteed free of toxins, artificial colors and flavors, and allergens.
2. Liquid Pods: Wild by Nature® introduced a vaping pod with potent flavors and smoke. No bigger than a USB stick, this clean vape contains 110mg of CBD for quick and tasty relief. The pods come in three flavors:
- Escape (mango and pineapple)
- Chill (mint, menthol, and spearmint)
- Fresh (apple and mint)
They also offer these fluids in the form of drops and shots. With 0% THC, the 110mg of CBD Isolate is non-psychoactive, includes no Vitamin E acetate, and avoids oil-based carriers. Wild by Nature® uses food-grade alcohol to extract its CBD from US-grown hemp. Third-party tested for safety and quality, these pods are available at an increasing number of retailers.
3. Cannagars: Cigar smoking has regained its popularity, so Cuba Libre® promotes its cannagars, a smoking experience wrapped in cured cannabis fan leaves. Each of their Fran Leaf Cannarillos contains 2 grams of cannabis. Each cannarillo is hand-wrapped in the tradition of Cuban classics. These cannagars have mouth tips that distance you from the burn, and each comes sealed in cellophane and packaged in a box. They add class to the smoking experience, but the availability currently favors West Coast dispensaries.
CBD Gummies: CBDfx created CBD gummies as a discrete option for those seeking medical benefits throughout the day. In addition to gummies supplemented with vitamins for men and women, they offer a line of CBD-infused gummies configured to resolve specific issues:
Tumeric and Spirulina to improve the auto-immune system,
Melatonin to fight sleeping disorders, and
Biotin to strengthen hair and nails.
CBDfx also produces its gummy bears in two strengths: 5mg for first-time users and 40mg for veterans. Besides, they market edibles, topicals, tinctures, and drinks.
4. Blunts: Packwoods® makes finely-rolled blunts, each with 2 grams of cannabis. The blunt sports a glass filter tip added after the process infuses the roll with high-potency, strain-specific cannabis extract and sprinkle it with kief. The LA-based company has a dynamite website that has also introduced its roll-your-own product. Their Roll Your Own Kits include a powerful 3.5 grams of premium flower, three cross-cut glass filters, and a book of Vibes papers in a child-resistant, smell-proof box.
5. Bites: Kiva Confectioners® chocolates remain a gold standard in cannabis candies. And, Bites continue in high demand. They are small, clearly dosed, and discrete. With access and use spreading, demand for these tasty treats will increase, too. Kiva’s Terra Bites are little balls of creamy, cannabis-infused chocolate. You can choose among chocolate-covered blueberries, salted caramels, or espresso beans. Lately, they have introduced chocolate-covered almonds in a 1:1 CBD: THC form. Each piece contains 5mg of CBD and 5mg THC.
People do risk popping too many of these little candies too often. Even with the dosage tested and labeled, users risk consuming more than they need. Five or ten milligrams of THC give you all the high and comfort you need. You may want to be sure you are not choosing the earlier 5 CBD:1 THC version that may still be on dispensary shelves.
6. Tinctures: Wanna Brands® has brought Wanna Quick Tincture to dispensary inventories with their innovative nanoemulsion technology. This process creates water-soluble nanoparticles tinier than human cells. The result is a product that absorbs immediately through mouth tissues producing an experience in less than 15 minutes. They use glycerin, water, Vitamin E (Astocofersolan and Natural Mixed Tocopherols), Triglycerides from Modified Palm Oil, phospholipids from sunflower seed Lecithin, marijuana concentrate, hemp extract, and natural flavors. One tincture includes a ratio of 10 CBD: 1 THC, but you might prefer the more significant recreational experience from the 1: 1 version.
7. Bags: Old Pal® packages cannabis in small bags for storing, sharing, and carrying where legal. Their 1/8th ounce bags contain high quality, sun-grown weed. You may select sativa, Indica, or hybrid strains to spark your experience or share with friends. If you prefer, they also market a full ounce bag for use now or later along with the papers to make your roll easy and consistent.
8. Vape cartridges: Aret® has a Limitless Delta 8 CBC Vape Cartridge you may find hard to find. Their claim to 21% CBC content depends on a process optimizing extracted terpenes. As such, it has maximized the medical potency.
The >99.8% cannabinoid total includes:
>50% Delta 8 THC
.0% Delta 9 THC
The Delta 8 THC is an analog to the more familiar THC or ∆9-Tetrahydrocannabinol and will present the psychoactivity to lift your mood and brighten a creative day.
9. Topicals: Spruce® has a line of creams and lotions, but their CBD Salve comes in a 0.87oz or 1.7oz jar for massage and deep pain relief. The smaller jar contains 1000mg of CBD, and the larger has 2,000mg. The Spruce Salve outranks its line of creams in CBD concentrate. The salve has the consistency and feel of petroleum jelly, but makers recommend it to those who must use natural products. Its organic ingredients include full-spectrum CBD oil, olive oil, Shea butter, beeswax, coconut MCT oil, and <0.3% THC. The low THC count still allows delivery to all 50 states.
10. Drinks: Diamond CBD® introduced 4-packs of Chill CBD Coffee pods. Each pod includes 25mg of full-spectrum CBD. The coffee has enough robust flavor to start the day and just enough CBD to steady your plans for the day. Chill CBD Coffee provides a low-cost, non-GMO, convenient, and discrete way to treat anxiety, stress, depression, and chronic pain throughout your day.
Of course, there are more products. No list is exhaustive. However, these products indicate how the markets have grown. The growth also shows how customer demand and potential experience have influenced the development and direction of sales and marketing.