CBD edibles have become the preferred choice for many people. They deliver the benefits of CBD without the psychotropic buzz of THC, last long, and address many medical concerns. CBD edibles are available and accessible. They are discrete and well labeled for private and personal use at home or work.
For those who think of edibles as mere candy, here are seven surprising benefits — each with some samples.
7 benefits of CBD edibles:
1. Yum! Yum! Yum! The various CBD edibles come with major taste appeal. There are rich chocolate flavors and orchard-fresh fruity flavors in baked goods or gummies. You might try the CBD Living Dark Chocolate Bar. Each of the eight segments contains 25 mg of broad-spectrum nano-CBD. The bar is gluten-free and contains all-natural ingredients.
The Charlotte’s Web™ product line includes gummies with targeted effects. For instance, the Charlotte’s Web™ Calm reduces stressors without additives or artificial dyes. Flavors come from natural fruit and vegetable juices, the base for terpenes and flavonoids from the Charlotte’s Web plant. Calm gummies have a unique lemon tang from 50 mg of L-theanine, and 75 mg of Lemon Balm per two gummies serving.
2. Go down easy! People find CBD edibles easy to swallow. The taste and texture offer cookie and candy experiences. They can be used throughout the day. They make treating the elderly or the ill and incapacitated patient because, in one form or another, the edibles are easily administered.
Dr. Norm’s offers cookies they label as “therapy.” They come in chocolate and peanut butter and chocolate versions based on family recipes. The cookies also come with 100% CBD at 15 mg per cookie of in 100% low dose THC options. Innovative CBD sells CBD 5 mg lozenges for a flavorful lasting influence. These candies are full-spectrum, naturally tangerine flavored, vegan, terpene-rich, and gluten-free. Innovative CBD lozenges are also Autism Approved by the Autism Hope Alliance.
3. A secret stash! Using edibles is a very discrete way to consume CBD. They pass for regular treats whether you choose candies or brownies. In fact, they are so “normal” you must be sure the children don’t take them. PURE Kanna, for instance, sells CBD Vegan Gummies with 25 mg in each gummy. They are 100% natural, non-GMO products you can take with you use during the day, but they are tasty and colorful enough to lure the kiddies, so keep them your secret.
Then, there are the low-priced Diamond CBD Chill Gummy Bears that look exactly like penny candy. They also produce CBD-infused watermelon slices, worms, and rainbow bites. You can fool your family, friends, and co-workers, but don’t leave them around for the children.
4. Controlled dosage! With pre-packaged edibles, you can control your intake because they are dosed per piece, and the best manufacturers label them carefully. The Lord Jones Hemp-derived CBD Dark Chocolate Espresso Chews are individually-wrapped and handsomely-packaged treats with 20 mg of full-spectrum CBD in each chew.
There is also the FAB CBD Chews. Gluten-free, non-GMO, and vegan, each flavorful chew contains 25 mg of CBD isolate. Two of these at a time should provide relief for hours.
5. Easy available! CBD edibles contain little or no THC, so they are available online everywhere. They are typically hem-based with barely detectable traces of THC. As long as the THC content comes in under 0.03%, they are legal throughout the U.S. You might go for CBD Living Water, 100% organic and natural hemp CBD nano-extracted to infused 9+pH refreshing water. It is even Kosher certified.
Sow Eden markets an inventory of body butters, pet supplies, and CBD hemp elixirs. Their peppermint-flavored SOOTHE tincture is marketed for relief of allergies and headaches. The essential oil can calm indigestion and nausea and improve your breath.
6. No psychic trip! Without the THC, CBD edibles provide no psycho-activity, no stoner high. That’s not to say edibles don’t affect your psyche. If they relieve pain and stress, they will let you enjoy some peace of mind. Paradise claims to have introduced CBD-infused candies and still offer non-GMO vegan fruity lozenges with 10 mg CBD per piece.
Kushly has a variety of flavored oils for sublingual administration or additive to teas. They come from organically grown, full-spectrum hemp CBD extract for anxiety, pain, sleep disorders, and stress.
7. No lung irritation! At a time of major concern with respiratory issues — from smoking, vaping, and COVID-19, CBD edibles offer benefits without inhaling irritants and possible carcinogens. Edibles pass by the lungs entirely to be metabolized through the digestive system and liver.
Too good for you?
Edibles do present a slight risk. They are so tasty, convenient, and discrete you might be tempted to eat too many. If the edibles are cannabis-based or hemp-derived, their CBD content requires you to watch the dosage.
Two gummies consumed several times a day are fine if you spread the intake hours apart. Just because two taste great, you don’t want to be popping a third and fourth at the same time. If a candy, cookie, or lozenge has 25 mg CBD, you shouldn’t be eating four or five at a time. And, you certainly don’t want your children to get hold of them and eat them by the mouthful.
As with any CBD product, you want to start low and small before you slowly increase the dose and frequency that serves your needs. If you hope to reduce stress, improve sleep, or lower your anxiety, you will find the edible that’s just right for you.