Munchies and marijuana seem to go hand in hand. In fact, many individuals consume cannabis just for its appetite stimulating properties. Many individuals medicate with marijuana to help increase their appetite that is often suppressed by diseases and the treatments they are undergoing. This is extremely true for cancer patients that are undergoing chemotherapy. Some individuals enjoy consuming cannabis but hate the fact that they get the extreme munchies that are commonly associated with many strains.
The munchies are brought on by the appetite stimulating cannabinoid known as THC. THC is also the cannabinoid that is responsible for providing the psychoactive effect that is associated with cannabis. Another form of this cannabinoid known as THCv is less common in many strains of cannabis and is always in lower concentrations.
This cannabinoid though is actually an appetite suppressor rather than a stimulator. The cannabinoid known as CBD is also considered an appetite suppressor. If you are looking for strains of cannabis that will not give you the munchies, it is best to stick to strains of cannabis that are high in THCv or CBD. Here are 10 of those strains that are less likely to give you the munchies.
• Jack the Ripper is a Sativa strain that produces a heavy concentration of resin and a hard-hitting buzz that creeps up on you fast. The strain will provide uplifting and creative effects.
• Pineapple Purps the Sativa dominant strain has a very high THC-V content. This is great for suppressing appetite. The THC to THC-V ratio in the strain is typically around 3 to 1. This strain provides a very uplifting and energetic high but, unfortunately, this is a rare strain to find and the effects generally do not last that long.
• Moby Dick is a wonderful strain brought to us by Dinafem Seeds. This strain is a cross of White Widow and Haze. This strain offers a sweet aroma and a flavor that has been described by many as being like vanilla and eucalyptus. This strain genetics allows for a one-of-a-kind buzz but isn't known for making you have the munchies!
• Red Congolese is an African landrace that provides a very euphoric and focused head high that is often accompanied by energizing and uplifting effects. This strain is also great for treating tension, nausea, and other ailments.
• Power Plant is known for its high THC count and its powerful clear-headed buzz. Many individuals have reported feeling very creative and happy after consuming this strain. Many have described Power Plant as having pepper like taste and a very earthy and outdoors link pungency for an aroma.
• Cannatonic is a high CBD and low THC content strain that was bred by Resin Seeds. This strain offers a very mild and short-lived buzz that is very uplifting and will relax your body thanks to the high concentration of CBD.
• MediHaze is a sativa dominant strain brought to us by CBD Crew. This strain has an equally balanced ratio of THC and CBD offering the best of both worlds. This strain is known for providing a very focused and energetic effect and major relief from inflammation, pain, and other ailments.
• Canna-Tsu is a high-CBD strain that was bred from two CBD rich parent plants offering a long list of medical benefits ranging from the relief of inflammation and pain all the way to preventing and minimizing the severity of seizures.
• Remedy is an Indica strain that is high in CBD content. Sometimes this strain can bring CBD contents as high as 15% while the THC is very minimal. This strain will provide a very balanced head and body high that will have you relaxed and not wanting to order out from your favorite restaurant!
• Harle-Tsu is a hybrid strain of Sour Tsunami and Harlequin. This high CBD content strain is a go to for medical marijuana patients looking to relieve pain and inflammation without a buzz. This High CBD content strain has 20 times the amount of CBD in comparison to THC which means that the psychoactive effects are a bare minimum.