CBD products offer scores of medical benefits. It is so effective in treating certain conditions, it has caught the attention of Big Pharma where R&D is studying the mechanics of action to create FDA acceptable medications.
G.W. Pharmaceuticals’ Epidolex®, for example, is now available in all states for treatment of rare forms of recalcitrant epilepsy and seizures attached to Lennox-Gastaut syndrome—albeit at an enormous price.
Because CBD products have no or a minimal trace of THC, there is no psychoactive element to concern users. The THC is either minuscule in certain cannabis strains or processed out of the source.
Top 5 CBD products for chronic pain
1. CBD Oil manages pain for several reasons. It has properties that reduce inflammation, pain-related anxiety, and an entourage effect that multiplies its effects and/or pairs with other natural responses.
The oil also lets pain sufferers treat their problems without resorting to smoking, vaping, or dabbing. It allows easier and more discrete application. And, you can repeat dosage with a simple reapplication.
Chronic back pain, for example, is rooted in disc decomposition, slippage, and pinching. Patients treat the pain with heat, cold, electric sensation, exercise, yoga, massage, and more. They resort to OTC relief in aspirin and ibuprofen, prescription muscles relaxants, and opioids. The pain is nagging and radiates from its core location throughout the back, neck, shoulders, and legs. It can be exhausting and life-changing. Most patients administer their oil under the tongue, but it is also available in capsules.
Medterra extracts its oil from hemp organically grown in Kentucky. It is clearly labeled and tested by independent labs for potency and purity. They use CO2 extraction to avoid contaminants and residues while protecting the effective CBD cannabinoids. As a hemp product, this product can be purchased in all 50 states.
2. CBD Lotions are convenient for massage, morning and evening application, and soothing care. The transdermal application soothes light to severe pain in joints and muscles.
You can use CBD lotions as a moisturizer on dry elbows and heels. But, rubbed into painful areas, you should experience fast and lasting relief. CBD lotions have the same anti=inflammatory benefits as CBD oil, but for some pain, it works even faster at the point of pain.
Apothecanna’s Extra Strength Relieving Crème treats pain with an intensely moist and sweet-smelling application. You’ll smell the cooling peppermint, juniper, and arnica pumped from its 8-ounce container. It soothes all sorts of skin problems, but they recommend it for massage into swollen joints and sore muscles like those related to exercise or arthritis.
3. CBD Transdermal Patches work like nicotine patches. They apply like an adhesive Band-Aid®. You place it over a venous part of your body near the source of the pain. As the CBD reaches the veins the bloodstream carries it to the painful location and throughout the brain and body.
As it circulates, the CBD relieves the stress and tension related to the core problem. You might forget the skin is the body’s largest organ, layers of cells, muscle, and nerves. It is the perfect target for accepting and spreading the CBD benefit. And, because it does no process through your lungs, liver, or stomach, you get enhanced benefit.
MüV Transdermal Patch CBD comes from a manufacturer that also produces THC patches and CBD/THC formulations. It is only available at cannabis dispensaries and comes in single packs or threes. It doses your painful area over 12 hours; that’s more than enough to get you through the workday.
4. CBD Edibles come in many forms: candies, cookies, gummies, fudge, nut butters, and more. They allow you to dose discretely at will throughout the day and evening without notice. Because they process through the gastrointestinal tract and metabolize through the liver, they won’t kick in for a while. But, that’s something you can adapt to.
However, that slow kick in and the delicious taste tempt you to pop the edibles too frequently. Eating just one piece of a delicious chocolate bar can be difficult.
Lord Jones CBD Gumdrops are just one of many CBD candy options. Lord Jones offers these handmade jelly candies in a handsome package suitable for gifting. Each box includes nine gumdrops with 20mg of CBD. Each contains natural fruit flavors, sugar, citric acid, and full-spectrum CBD.
5. CBD Beverages, like teas, energy drinks, coffees, or other fluids are a convenient and discrete way to calm your pain with an occasional drink. And, some producers and users are trying out CBD-infused wines, beers, and cocktails. Using a CBD drink affects your oral intake and digestive tract. This provides a fast and spreading impact as it moves through the bloodstream, smooth muscle tissue, and central nervous system.
CBDfx’s Lemon Chill Shot is a 20mg full-spectrum ready-to-drink lemon drink best served cold. The CBD is organically grown and non-GMO. It also contains amino and fatty acids, including 200mg of L-Theanine. Its well-balanced ingredients do not treat pain directly, but they will help you relax, de-stress, and sleep deeply, fighting the radiating pain and tension.
Some final thoughts on CBD products
The market is driving the development of more CBD and CBD-infused products. They appeal strongly to customers who don’t want to smoke and to medical patients who want to treat specific issues. And, by more than coincidence, many of these products are available online and in every state.
Producers will find ways to mix the CBD benefits with THC psychoactivity to increase interest, flavors, and effects. In the meantime, you have many CBD options to reduce and manage chronic pain.