Marijuana Treatment Options & Research for ALS / Lou Gehrig's Disease:
ALS / Lou Gehrig's Disease
Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS) is a disease of the nerve cells in the brain and spinal cord. It is a progressive and degenerative disease that causes the death of the neurons and results in loss of muscle movement. Early medical marijuana studies show that cannabis may not only help symptoms, but also slow progression of ALS.
ALS / Lou Gehrig's Disease articles and research:
- ASA: Is Medical Marijuana the Solution for ALS?
- Chicago Now: Cannabis Show to Prolong the Life of Those with ALS
- HIGH TIMES: Study - Marijuana Slows Lou Gehrig’s Disease
- Huffington Post: Efforts Initiated to Conduct First FDA Phase I Trial for ALS
- MarijuanaDoctors: Medical Marijuana and Lou Gehrig's Disease
- Medical Jane: An Overview Of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS) Studies
- Midwest Compassion: Treatment of ALS and Lou Gehrig’s Disease with Cannabis
- My Chronic Relief: ALS & Cannabis - Chronic Relief
- Neurology.org: Medical Marijuana Utilization and Perceived Therapeutic Value in Patients with ALS
- NORML: Cannabis and ALS
- Patients4MedicalMarijuana: Marijuana in the Management of ALS
- The Hill: Want to Really Treat ALS? Legalize Pot