Marijuana Treatment Options & Research for Glaucoma:
Glaucoma is actually a group of eye diseases, often pressure and decreased blood flow to the optic nerve, which causes permanent damage and blind spots. Glaucoma is usually well managed with prescribed medications, but some patients use cannabis to treat the symptoms. There is limited research, however, some believe that potential future treatments could include cannabinoid eye drops.
Glaucoma articles and research:
- American Academy of Opthalmology: Marijuana in the Treatment of Glaucoma CTA - 2014
- American Glaucoma Society: Marijuana and Glaucoma
- Cannabis Radio: Managing Glaucoma with Cannabis (Podcast)
- Glaucoma.org: Glaucoma Research Foundation: Should You Be Smoking Marijuana To Treat Your Glaucoma?
- Glaucoma Today: Medical Marijuana for Glaucoma Therapy
- Howcast: Does Marijuana Cure Glaucoma? (Video)
- Medical Jane: Cannabis Therapy For the Treatment of Glaucoma Symptoms
- NIH.gov: Cannabinoids and Glaucoma
- Optometry Times: Should Marijuana be Indicated for Glaucoma?
- ProCon.org: Pros and Cons of Medical Marijuana for Glaucoma