Marijuana Treatment Options & Research for Cachexia / Wasting Syndrome:
Cachexia / Wasting Syndrome
Cachexia is the loss of body mass that cannot be reversed through nutrition alone. Cachexia is often a side-effect of other conditions. There are reports of marijuana use being able to minimize side effects and stimulate appetite.
Cachexia / Wasting Syndrome articles and research:
- HelloMD: Has Cachexia Met Its Match in Medical Marijuana?
- Nature: Marijuana Flips Appetite Switch in Brain
- NIH.gov: Marijuana and Body Weight
- Oncology Practice: Cannabinoids and Cachexia
- PBS: Why Weed Makes You Super Hungry, According to Science
- Smithsonian: A Scientific Explanation of How Marijuana Causes the Munchies