Marijuana Treatment Options & Research for Epilepsy:
Epilepsy is a neurological disorder where a person has repeated convulsions, seizures, loss of consciousness, or sensory disturbances due to abnormal electrical activity in the brain. Childhood epilepsy is one of the most well-known ailments that both doctors, patients, and parents have successfully treated with medical marijuana using high CBD strains.
Epilepsy articles and research:
- AllBud: National Epilepsy Awareness Month Shines Light on Cannabis Research
- AllGov.com: Federal Gov. Finally Funds Research to Explore Marijuana Use
- CBS News: Study - Marijuana-Derived Drug Reduces Epileptic Seizures
- CureEpilepsy.org: CURE Epilepsy: Research: Spotlight on CBD
- Epilepsy Foundation: Medical Marijuana and Epilepsy
- Epilepsy & Seizure Disorders - Project CBD
- Huffington Post:Groundbreaking Research Suggests Medical Marijuana Could Reduce Seizures In Children
- Leaf Science: Epilepsy Marijuana News, Facts, Resources
- Medscape: Stratospheric Rise of Medical Marijuana in Epilepsy
- NEJM: Cannabinoids in the Treatment of Epilepsy
- NORML: Epilepsy and Marijuana
- NPR: Marijuana Extract May Help Some Children With Epilepsy, Study Finds
- ProCon.org: Is Marijuana an Effective Treatment for Epilepsy (Seizures)?
- The Weed Blog: Largest Study Ever On Marijuana And Epilepsy Shows Effectiveness Of Cannabis
- TIME: Finally, Some Hard Science on Medical Marijuana for Epilepsy Patients
- TODAY: Families with Sick Kids Moving to Colorado
- VCU.edu: Marijuana and Its Receptor Protein in Brain Control Epilepsy
- WebMD: Liquid Medical Marijuana Shows Promise for Epilepsy
- Whaxy: How Does Cannabis Treat Epilepsy?
- WIRED: One Man’s Desperate Quest to Cure His Son’s Epilepsy—With Weed