Marijuana Treatment Options & Research for Gastrointestinal Disorders:
Gastrointestinal disorders encompass any number of conditions or diseases that impact the functionality of the digestive tract. Many of the disorders are genetic while others can be triggered by a reaction from an infection or diet. Patients sometimes use medical marijuana to treat the pain associated with these disorders, but early studies also show that cannabis may help treat many of the conditions by stimulating healing and reducing acid production as well as other mechanisms.
Gastrointestinal Disorders articles and research:
- ASA: Gastrointestinal Disorders & Medical Marijuana Booklet
- Cannabis Radio: Cannabis Treatment for Digestive and Gastrointestinal Disorders (Podcast)
- Howcast: Can Marijuana Relieve GI Disorders? (Video)
- IDMU: Cannabinoids and the Gastrointestinal Tract
- Medscape: Medical Marijuana for Digestive Disorders: High Time to Prescribe?
- NIH.gov: Medical Marijuana for Digestive Disorders: High Time to Prescribe?
- NORML: Cannabis and Gastrointestinal Disorders
- Practical Gastro: Cannabis in Gastrointestinal Disorders
- ProCon.org: Is Cannabis an Effective Treatment for Gastrointestinal Disorders?
- Study: Medical Marijuana Could Effectively Treat Digestive Disorders
- The Weed Blog: Does Cannabis Help Treat Gastrointestinal Disorders?
- U.S. News & World Report: Marijuana, Real or Fake, Can Lead to Unusual Gastro Problem