Marijuana Treatment Options & Research for Bipolar Disorder:
Bipolar disorder, or manic depressive disorder, is a mental illness characterized by episodes of agitated moods alternating with periods of depression. The use of marijuana for psychiatric conditions is not well studied and comes with various concerns, but nonetheless some clinicians and patients see positive results for marijuana with those with a bipolar disorder.
Bipolar Disorder articles and research:
- Autistick: 33+ Articles About Marijuana And Bipolar Disorder
- Drug Policy.org: Does Marijuana Use Cause Psychosis?
- Harvard: Medical Marijuana and The Mind
- HelloMD: A Natural Mood Stabilizer: Medical Marijuana can Help Fight Bipolar Disorder
- Medical News Today: Cannabis Enhances Bipolar Patients' Neurocognitive Performance
- Medscape: Saying No to Cannabis Improves Bipolar Outcomes
- ProCon.org: The Pros and Cons of Cannabis and Psychiatric Disorders
- PsychCentral:How Cannabis Affects Bipolar Disorder
- Psychology Today: Marijuana and Psychiatric Disorders
- Psychology Today: Medical Marijuana for Psychiatric Disorders
- TruthOnPot: Marijuana For Bipolar Disorder